As Honors Academy continues to grow we have been prompted to add programs, seek international accreditation and construct new instructional and recreational areas. The 2017-2018 school year was a year of change and 2018-2019 promises the same. It continues to be an incredible journey.
Highlights of the 2017-2018 School Year
- Created a trilingual curriculum by instituting French class beginning with second grade
- Instituted a Graphic Design and Robotics Diploma, making use of our new 3D printer and additional computer equipment
- Added air-conditioning to all classrooms and facilities
- Produced a love of reading in our students with the newly renovated library which now includes more than 6,000 books (photos above)
Plans for the 2018-2019 School Year
- Constructing a new computer lab, with 16 new computers and a new projector
- Establishing four new classrooms which will allow us to maintain a low student to staff ratio
- Designing a studio that will allow students to develop recording and audio editing techniques
- Renovating facilities to include the addition of a second playground and sun protection for several areas of our campus
- Developing a new art course focused on the study of plastic arts
- Increasing staff size to accommodate growing enrollment, improve quality of education and focus on the social and emotional development of our students
- Starting our accreditation process with Association of Christian Schools International
We are so thankful to everyone who supports and encourages us as we strive to provide the best educational opportunities possible for the children of Honduras.
If you would like to support the great work that God is doing in Honduras please make a donation today.
"Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world."